Amazon.com, the nation's largest online retailer has stepped up its marketing efforts in response to the demand from post-Thanksgiving shoppers. Their Black Friday page is the top destination for customers to experience Amazon.com's Black Friday Deals Week offered now through Cyber Monday, November 30. And guess what?...no lines!
The Seattle-based company has already launched its Black Friday page, complete with the number of items available per product, savings on shipping, "Frustration-Free Packaging" and even some new items for sale throughout Thanksgiving week. Amazon will transition its Friday page into a Cyber Monday promo site a day early on Sunday, Nov. 29 (only Amazon could turn a 'Sunday' into a 'Monday'!).
Amazon Black Friday page
"Cyber Monday" is the online equivalent to brick-and-mortar retailers' "Black Friday," the shopping day after Thanksgiving. Since Cyber Monday was introduced in 2005, it has grown to be the sixth highest selling day for online retailers (Black Friday being No. 1), according to e-commerce measurement company comScore.
Cyber Monday accounted for $846 million in online spending in 2008, up 15 percent from the previous year, comScore figures show, even though overall consumer spending was down three percent for the year.
Paul Ryder"There's no need to fight crowds for parking spaces or to stand in long check-out lines just to try and get a handful of deals," said Paul Ryder, Amazon.com's vice president of electronics. "Shoppers really benefit from doing simple research online without leaving the comfort of their homes."
On November 23, a Amazon's Black Friday Deal promo had already hit YouTube.
Here is a sneak peek of some of the Black Friday Week deals available today at www.amazon.com/blackfriday (note the LCD TV for $649 marked down from $1399).
Also, Amazon's Kindle2 is one of the few eReaders available this holiday season, as Sony and Barnes and Noble's Nook are not promising delivery by Christmas - see previous blog, "Kindle vs Nook & Sony e-Reader For The Holidays!"
- - LG 37” LCD HDTV – $649 (list price is $1399)
- - Samsung 52” LCD HDTV – $1,299 (list price is $1,599)
- - Tonner 17” "Twilight" Edward Cullen Doll (exclusive to Amazon) – $89.99 (list price is $139.99)
- - Tonner 15” "Turn Me" Bella Swan Doll (exclusive to Amazon) – $89.99 (list price is $139.99)
- - Garmin nüvi 260W 4.3” Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator – $119.99 (list price is $229.99)
- - Fujifilm 10 MP J28 with free Fujifilm 2 GB SD card and free camera case – $79.99 (list price is $129.95)
- - KitchenAid Pro 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer (Meringue) – $299.99 (list price is $499.99)
- - 1/4 Carat Infinity Pendant – $79.99 (list price is $265.00)
- - Polk Surroundbar 360 – $399 (list price is $1,199.99)
- - Invicta Men's Pro Diver Collection Watch – $59.99 (list price is $315)
- - Bulova Women's Crystal Pendant and Watch Boxed Set – $99 (list price is $299)
- - Up to 70% off Diamond Stud Earrings
- - EA Sports Active for Wii – $39.99 (list price is $59.99)
- - “Slumdog Millionaire” on DVD – $7.99 (list price is $29.98), with other DVD deals as low as $2 throughout the week
- - “Quantum of Solace” on Blu-ray – $9.99 (list price is $39.99), with other Blu-ray deals as low as $7.99 throughout the week
For other deals online and off, over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, check out my previous blog, titled, "Social Media Putting The "Black" Back In Black Friday?"
So what are you waiting for, the clock's a tickin' and inventories are dwindlin'. Hope you find everything you want and need on this year shopping list. Go to Amazon and their Black Friday page to check it out.
Have a safe and happy Holiday Season!
Please note that product prices and availability of products and deals are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this release was sent. However, they may differ from those you see when you visit Amazon.com.