Intellectual Ventures is seeking new solutions for reducing pollution, particularly in air filtration systems that eliminate chemicals and infectious agents in confined spaces, like hospitals, businesses, homes, and transportation systems. It has teamed up with Edison Nation to help it find just the right ideas.
Intellectual Ventures is seeking patentable ideas, not those that are already patented or marketed, so that's a big hint that the company would take care of all the preparations and cost of a patent, but that it would also own the patent. Specifically, the company is looking for:
• Multifunctional and versatile in eliminating a variety of airborne toxins
• Portable and deployable with short notice
• Simple construction and cost effective
Innovations may include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
• Personal protection devices against infectious diseases at confined spaces in public
• Novel air purification concepts
• Novel integrated air purification systems
• Miniaturized sensors for real-time air quality monitoring
You are advised to submit a sketch or photo of your prototype as well as a video of yourself demonstrating a prototype of your invention, describing the benefits and features of it. If you can provide information about its parts, how they would be constructed and what they might be made of, that would strengthen your submission.
You may review the legal agreements on this page; you will find links to the appropriate ones under the questions and answers. As always make sure you read both of them very carefully before submitting any materials to Edison Nation.
The deadline for submissions is Monday, April 5th, 2010 at 11:59PM
Pacific Time (US & Canada).
Intellectual Ventures, Edison Nation