They've got amazing hotels, artificial islands, even an indoor ski mountain. And now, to add to the list, Dubai will become home to largest arch bridge in world when the constructions of this monster is finished in 2012. Seriously, what can'tthey do over there?
What with all the already unbelievable structures they have over there in Dubai, it always seems like the perfect time to visit. Then they announce another new, awe-inspiring project that makes you think "Hmm, I better wait..." Well, considering the conceptual renderings for this bridge, it probably is better to wait until it's finished. The specs make it sound well worth it:
- It's one mile long and 670 feel tall.
- It will have 12 lanes for traffic.
- It will cost $817 million dollars.
- The design has been approved by Sheik Mohammed.
- The bridge will carry more than 2,000 vehicles per hour in each direction.
- A metro line will run across the middle.
Impressive, no? Construction is slated to being in March, and will hopefully be completed in 2012.
All images and facts provided by Fxfowle, the New York based architectural firm behind the project Seth Plattner
Featured BloggerInventor Spo