The Earth Awards 2010: Call For Entries
The Earth Awards 2010 is searching for sustainable innovations that will change the way we live in the 21st century. It is a global competition with internationally renowned judges from architectural, design, environmental, fashion, and philanthropic communities. It's looking for invention, innovation, entrepreneurial, but above all, transformational, ideas that meet six criteria...
Actually, the Call for Entries states that your real or prototyped ideas "must distinguish themselves" in six criteria: Achievable, scalable, measurable, useful, original, and ecological.
You may enter your invention or innovation in only one of six categories:
- Built Environment: buildings and structures
- Fashion: designs that will be worn by a consumer
- Products: physical objects that are useful and respond to a market need
- Systems: designs focused on process to optimize operations, engineering service, or strategies
- Future: visionary products and concepts
- Social Justice: designs/concepts that improve economic and social condition
Each category winner will receive $10,000 and the grand prize winner will receive $50,000. The Earth Awards Ceremony will be in London and will showcase the 2010 winning submissions, as well as some from past years. There will also be a Sustainable Business Conference, sponsored by London's Financial Times, where CEO's, entrepreneurs, and venture capitalists will be invited (encouraged?) to help bring the winning innovations further to market.
Deadline for submission is May 10, 2010, 11:59 Pacific Standard Time. For more information, visit The Earth Awards.