Edison 2009 Best New Product Awards: Finalists Selected!
On this day, 162 years to the date that Thomas Edison was born, the finalists of the Edison Best New Product Awards™ were announced. The Edison Awards are among the most elite acknowledgments of excellence in new product development and in services that are technologically innovative, successful in the marketplace, and have societal impact.
Great grandniece of Thomas Edison, Ms. Sarah Miller Caldicott, Chairperson of the Edison Awards Steering Committee, said she could not think of a better way to celebrate her uncle's birthday.
The list is long and is derived from many fields. Here it is:
Edison Best New Product Awards 2009: Science and Medical Finalists
- Insight High Throughput Experimentation Platform, from a subsidiary of Nuvo Research, Inc.
- Omnipod Insulin Management System, from Insulet Corp.
- 23AndMe Personal Genome Service, from 23AndMe
- i-LIMB Hand, from Touch Bionics
Edison Best New Product Awards 2009: Electronics and Computers Finalists
- Google G1 Android Phone, from T-Mobile and Google
- Apple iPhone, from Apple
Edison Best New Product Awards 2009: Energy and Sustainability Finalists
- Bixi - Montreal's Public Bike System
- Essentials Cleaner from Arm & Hammer
- Paradigm Earth Study 360, from Paradigm Digital Subsurface Asset Management
Edison Best New Product Awards 2009:Technology Finalists
- EssenceWise brand tracking system, from Wise Window, Inc.
- Realsight Quantitative Anthropology video tracking system, from Realsight
- Speedo LZR Racer, from Speedo
- WiiFit, from Nintendo (More here)
Edison Best New Product Awards 2009:Transportation Finalists
- Trek Madone 5.2, from Trek Bicycle Corporation
- WorldWide Telescope, from Microsoft
- Verdier Solar Powered Eco-Camper, from Verdier
Edison Best New Product Awards 2009: Industrial Design
Edison Best New Product Awards 2009:Lifestyle and Social Impact Finalists
- Obama's 2008 Presidential Campaign
- Healthiest Companies in America, from Unicom Marketing
- The Apple App Store, from Apple
Edison Best New Product Awards 2009:Living and Working Environments Finalist
- Rio Salado College in Tempe, Arizona
Edison Best New Product Awards 2009: Media and Communications Finalists
- Flip Mino Camcorder, from Pure Digital Technologies, Inc.(More here)
- Instructional Genome, from Noggin Labs
Edison Best New Product Awards 2009:Consumer Packaged Goods Finalists
- Olay Regenerist facial care, from Procter & Gamble
- No Frizz styling line, from Living Proof Inc.
- Tide to Go, from Procter & Gamble
The winners of the Edison Best New Product Awards, as well as the Edison Achievement Award™ honoring business leaders that propel innovation, will be announced on April 1, 2009 at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California. (Hopefully, there is no other significance in the date of the ceremonies.) For more information about the event, visit the Edison Awards site.