I'm not sure exactly what situation I would find myself in where I would
need the Esky Mini HD Camera Pen... but I want one, just in case. I
dunno... Ninjas or something? Or maybe because there's a monster in my
closet. Either way, this is a pure 007 James Bond device. But how would it rate up to the super-spy's standards?
Okay, let's go over the specs of this little whopper:* Built-in micro DVR
* A 1.3 megapixels camera with HD camera effects
* Can produce high-res color photos at 3840x2880 resolution
*Video recording with 1280x960 video resolution and 30 FPS of AVI format
* USB 2.0 standard interface with driver support for Windows PCs, Linux and Mac OS computers
* A micro SD Slot expandable to 8gb
* Built-in rechargeable lithium battery for up to 100 minutes of video recording
The opinions of this product are pretty much split down the middle. Here are the pros:
- Very "under the radar." People don't notice that it is a camera. It actually writes!
- The picture quality, though slighly blurry, is quite good.
- The video quality is good in proper lighting. Lenses this small need quite a bit of light.
- The quality of the audio is good as well.
Now we come to the cons:
- Apparently the instructions are somewhat difficult. Pay close attention.
- The button to operate the camera is about the size of an atom. Many people have found that they need a paper clip to turn it on. That's sort of an obvious maneuver for a spy gadget, don't 'cha think?
- There have been battery charging issues.
- And here's the worst: I just didn't work for some people. No charge, no video, no audio, nothing...
So some consumers just got a pen. Now at $31.99, it's not gonna break the bank. But after studying this, I suspect this is something of a risky buy. However, the people that like it love it.
Me? I would give it a shot because the positive consumer comments outweigh the negative. Plus it just sounds plain cool.
If you're interested in getting an Esky Mini HD Camera Pen, head on over to Amazon!