It's a sweet time to be a photographer and the Geanee Donut Digital Camera is the right camera at the right time. With the boom in online image hosting, photo-sharing and social networking services like Flickr, Instagram and Shutterfly showing no signs of fading, this cute yet capable camera should really hit the spot.
While it may look like a novelty and/or a toy, the 3-megapixel Geanee Donut Digital Camera sports a number of impressive features that are not only easy to use, they result in photos worthy of today's (and tomorrow's) fashionable image styles.
Take the five selectable image modes, for instance, that allow you to tint your snaps red, green, blue, Hard Chrome (basically an enhanced black & white) or “classic”. Ready to start snapping? Line up your subject by looking through the donut hole!
There's also a handy audio/video mode that can be tinted with any of the five color modes on-the-fly while filming. All the image data gets saved on an internal removable microSD memory card for downloaded via USB when it's convenient to do so. Here are the rest of the important stats and specs:
* 3 MP CMOS image sensor
* Micro SD memory card support external storage medium (for SDHC) Up to 32GB
* AVI: Video JPEG, still image storage format 1536 × 1536 pixels
* Still Image Size 3M, Video size 640 × 480 pixels
* Fixed focus lens lens F2.8, f=4.06mm (38.78mm 35mm camera)
* Normal shooting shooting distance: 50cm to infinity
* Electronic Shutter with 1/2 second to 1/100 shutter speed
* Automatic exposure compensation White Balance /
* USB 2.0 output terminal
* Built-in Microphone
* Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, power life +/-150 shots
* Dimensions: 85mm × 27mm (3.4” x 1.08”)
* Weight: about 62g (2.185oz)
* OS WINDOWS XP SP2 / VISTA / 7 support
An operating manual and USB cable is included, as is a gold-tone key chain-style carrying clip. Premium Gear is offering the soft-bodied PVC-covered camera for $65 and it can be purchased online at the company's English-language product page. (via Japan Today and Rocketnews24)