GPS Multi-Sport Training Device Fits On Your Wrist
A company by the name of Polar recently announced the introduction of the RS800G3 multi-sport training system with built-in GPS capabilities. The device is about the size of a wristwatch, but it does a whole lot more than the typical watch. Polar says that this device is capable of the following functions:
- Helps athletes plan a training regiment
- Measure a variety of body responses during training
- Analyzes the athletes performance against their personal goals
- Monitor the athlete's speed, stride length, and leg cadence
- Guiding athletes through a full workout
- Uses GPS to measure the distance covered during a workout
The RS800G3 may be used for hiking, biking, walking, running, kayaking, snow shoeing, and most other outdoor sports. The device is waterproof, and it can stand up to cold or hot temperatures. The device is powered by a single AA battery, which will give it an estimated 15 hours of continual power.
The RS800G3 became available to the public in September of 2007. The MRSP of this tiny GPS training device is set at $499.95 . Find out more about this device at the manufacturers website, at www.polarusa.com.