Spring is here with all its usual markers: flowers, grass, pollen and hay fever! If you are looking for a handy, inexpensive, and green - as in reusable, not the color of mucus - way to blow your nose this season look no further. United States patent 7013494 promises to be easy on your face, your wallet and the environment. That's because the Nose Pouch is a handkerchief ingeniously designed to capture and contain nasal discharge.
Nose Pouch Handkerchief
Nose Pouch Pros:
Handy, Economical and Environmentally Responsible
- Unlike a box or pack of paper tissues, the hanky is small, lightweight and easy to carry in a pocket or purse. As such, you're likely to have one handy when you need it most.
- And talk about cheap! I'm afraid the modest $1.99 price per hanky makes those little portable Kleenex tissue boxes seem like an irresponsible splurge given the nation's current financial crisis, and ensuing uncertain economic climate.
- Finally, the Nose Pouch is reusable, which makes a great deal of sense in these eco-conscious times.
Nose Pouch Cons:
- The handkerchief's very portability presents us with the first problem. You have to carry it around with you after you've used it! Naturally, this results in the user having a pocket or a purse full of snot with them for as long as they're out!
- Although disposable tissues are expensive by comparison, no one can argue with the sanitary and hygienic benefits of immediately tossing a snot rag out in the garbage.
- Take reusable shopping bags with you to the grocery store instead. This should help you lessen the environmental impact of disposable tissues. Either way, opt for the tissues. (Please refer to con #2.)
Hey fella, now that you've blown your nose into it what are you going to do with it?
I don't know if any of you will be interested in purchasing a Nose Pouch after reading this blog, but you should check out the website. It is loaded with such interesting information as a brief history of the handkerchief, as well as self-congratulatory statements like, "The Nose Pouch is the newest functional innovation in a handkerchief since the Dark Ages!"
The bottom line? The Nose Pouch is nothing to sneeze at! After all, what could be more appropriate for spring than a hammock for your honker?!