13 Halloween Pet Costume Winners 2010: Best Lady Gaga, Dominatrix, Funniest, & More
For the fourth year in a row, we had a terrific group of costumes to choose from for Lady Bee's 2010 Pet Costume Awards. We're giving 13 awards in categories such as Best Lady Gaga, Best Church Bingo, Most Helpless, Fiercest, and Best Naughty Sex pet costumes. We also award a Grand Prize for the best pet costume overall. The winning entries came from the dog, cat and bird species. Sorry, no reptiles this year.
Without ado, I'll let these pets and their costumes speak for themselves.
1. Grand Prize Winner & Most Impressive Pet Costume Winner: American Indian Warrior Cat Halloween Costume
Cat costumes are usually pretty lame, unless they are Japanese. But the ToScarboroughFair shop at Etsy.com is responsible for designing this cat headdress and other costumes for cats that represent the pioneer days and Thanksgiving. The head coverings by this intriguingly specialized designer are all handmade and make wonderful Halloween costumes for cats. The designer even provides advice about placing head coverings on your cat so they will stay there.
2. Fiercest Pet Costume: Lion King for Dogs Halloween Costume
Maybe not so fierce on a little dog, but very cute!
The Lion Dog Costume is available at Maskworld.com in many sizes.
3. Best Naughty Sex Costume: Dominatrix (or Doginatrix) Dog Halloween Costume
The Doginatrix Dog Costume is just perfect for a Doberman... don't you think?
4. Best Lady Gaga Impersonator: Doggy Gaga Halloween Costume
The hot costume for dogs this year is a Lady Gaga costume. Doggy Gaga costumes are many and varied, but this blingy Gaga took the prize. Photographer Jesse Freidin has photographed an array of them, adorning professional dog models.
5. Funniest Pet Costume: Zelda Cave Dog Halloween Costume
For those of you who don't know Zelda, she's one of the most popular dogs around, her mom having made her into a legend in her own time. Charles Gibson of Good Morning America called Zelda, "the industry's top dog." No doubt, he was referring to the marketing industry. Among Zelda's many talents, she's a clothing model, and her mom... well, she designs some awesome costumes for her. Zelda's Cave Dog Costume is available from Amazon.com.
6. Most Helpless Looking Pet Costume: Spider Dog Halloween Costume
This cutie - the costume, that is - comes in several sizes at Amazon.com, but I can't imagine a dog feeling any dignity in it - especially when the stuffed spider legs wiggle all around when he walks.
7. Best Bird As Best Man Costume: Large Bird Tux With Tails Flight Suit Halloween Costume
Avian Fashions always keeps their birds in fashionable clothing that doubles as diapers, so the birds don't make too much of a mess on your own clothing... and elsewhere.
8. Most Adorable Pet Costume: Ghost Dog Halloween Costume
The Ghost Dog Costume is so cute with the beady black eyes up on the head. The outfit has three layers so air fills them up and it looks really spooky when your dog moves. Even more ghostly on a white dog!
9. In The Queen's Service Pet Costume: Knighted Dog Halloween Costume
I have not been able to locate a retail source for this costume (maybe it is handmade), but it is quite original and it's very becoming as well.
10. Best Riding High Pet Costume: Rocket Space Dog Halloween Costume
The metallic silver jacket and the plush red rocket give lots of pizazz to the Rocket Space Costume. This is a well made costume, so it's a bit pricey, but promises to be in style for a long time to come.
11. Best Church Bingo Pet Costume: Zelda Bouffant Dog Halloween Costume
A second award for Zelda, she's a veritable gambling grandma here, and I wonder what words of wisdom Zelda would have for this costume. Zelda left her pink satin heels at home, but you can purchase the rest of the costume at Amazon.com.
12. Best Punk Costume: Tattoo Dog Halloween Costume
This costume should not give you any ideas... It's just a costume... available at Amazon.com.
13. Best Big Dog Costume: Barking Bat Dog Halloween Costume
The Barking Bat Dog Costume is an adorable costume on the right dog. This Airedale carries it off!
Lady Bee's Halloween Safe Tips For You And Your Pets
- An all-dog Halloween party, wherever dogs assemble in your area, would probably be the most fun for her and for you.
- If your pet accompanies you Trick-or-Treating or stays home and greets Trick-or-Treaters at the door, keep him leashed.
- If your pet is aggressive or shows aggression at any time, take him away from others at this time. If he shows fear or barks a lot when he sees costumed youngsters or adults, take him home or away from the door.
- Don't allow your pet to be approached until others, especially children, know how to approach her. If that seems okay, have a bag of healthy dog treats handy, in case the kids want to give her a treat. Don't let your pet accept other food from anyone.
Have a happy and safe Halloween with your pets!
That's the buzz for today!