How To Make A Skateboard Sail
A lot of individuals don’t look at skateboarding in a positive light. Some seem to think the sport isn’t exciting because they assume it doesn’t take a lot of effort and skill. But this outlook might change when you combine skateboarding with one summer activity that’s been around for decades.
By using the power of nature and the design from kites, an individual can make their very own skateboard sail. One Instructables member has come up with a four-step process that will you have swaying in the wind in no time.
But first, you’re going to need to make sure you have the following items:
- Two pieces of 4.5 foot long 1.5 inch PVC and a connector to join them
- Two pieces of 4.5 foot long 1 inch PVC and a connector to join them
- A one inch T connector
- Two one foot and 1 inch diameter pieces of PVC
- String and a needle
- Duct Tape
- Hot glue gun (optional)
- Plastic sheet (some people use a tarp)
- Clear plastic (NOT saran wrap/plastic wrap)
Even though it seems like a lot of parts, the building process is pretty simple. After cutting the plastic and simply tying and attaching pieces together, you’ll have a custom skateboard sail you can enjoy. Just make sure you use it on a windy day!
Find out more about the skateboard sail here.