Kingston's Super-USB Flash Drive Faster Than A Speeding Bullet
More powerful than a locomotive. Presently unable to leap tall buildings. But none the less, Kingston's Super-Drive is truly a Piranha of a Peripheral. Larger than most PCs on the planet and tinier that an iPod Mini, this USB flash drive comes with 256-gigabytes and can read data at up to 25 megabytes per second.
However this mega-drive also comes with a mega-price-tag. Be prepared to take a loan out for $1,100 for the Kingston DT-310-Data Traveler which can store up to 54 full-length movies, or enough music that you can play a different CD's worth of tunes each day for a year.
“We saw an opportunity to push the capacity envelope for USB Flash drives in the marketplace. Customer feedback and our research determined that this is a great solution for designers, engineers and architects who have a need to easily store and transport large data files,” Andrew Ewing of Kingston said in a statement. The unit has a five-year warranty and features Password Traveler software, for securing data.
DataTraveler 310 Product Features and Specifications:
* Capacity: 256 GB
* Data transfer rates of 25MB/sec. read and 12MB/sec. write
* Safeguarded: includes Password Traveler
* Convenient: does not require Administrator rights to access the Privacy Zone
* Dimensions: 2.90" x 0.87" x 0.63" (73.70mm x 22.20mm x 16.10mm)
* Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140° F (0°C to 60° C)
* Storage Temperature: -4°C to 185°F (-20°C to 85° C)
* Simple: just plug into a USB port
* Practical: loop supports most key rings
* Guaranteed: five-year warranty
Note: The specs do not indicate if this USB will still function after being exposed to Kryponite!
And for all you Supermen out there who don't have the denaros to pony up for this Mega-Drive but want a daily reminder of your super powers, perhaps this mouse is more in your price range.
Update: You can find is for much less than $1000 here.
Please sign up to get my latest updates here.