New Video Game Releases: Week 11, 2011
Immerse yourself in a world of color and adventure in this sequel to Okami, Capcom's hit game: Okamiden. Pick up where the original game left off but play with a whole host of new features that will make your gaming experience even better. If the adorable graphics and impressive art fail to impress you then let the fantastic gameplay convince you to get the game. Here's more about Okamiden:
"Ōkamiden is a picturesque action adventure game for the Nintendo DS and DSi. Taking place a few months after the events of the original game, Ōkami, Ōkamiden follows the adventures of Chibiterasu - a young sun god who is summoned to protect the land. Following in the footsteps of its parent Amaterasu, the sun-god-turned-wolf in Ōkami, Chibiterasu takes the form of an adorable wolf pup for the mission ahead. Chibiterasu joins forces with a rich cast of characters to fight off a new threat that has leeched the world of its vibrant color again. Beyond the battles, Chibiterasu and buddies comes to realize their inner potential and accept the kinship that comes with being the children of great heroes and gods.
Key Game Features:
- Canvas and Brush - The touch screen and stylus of the Nintendo DS are the ideal tools to simulate Ōkamiden's trademark celestial brush.
- Partner-Up - Using the in-game Partner System, players can join forces with new characters in the game, each possessing unique abilities that will help Chibiterasu defeat enemies and conquer puzzles.
- Striking Visuals - The beauty of the highly stylized Japanese calligraphy and scroll paintings are depicted in pixel-perfect handheld glory.
- Dynamic Action - Employ brush techniques learned from various celestial deities and Power Slash, Bloom, and battle a diverse lineup of monsters and demons rooted in Japanese folklore.
- Interactive Puzzles - Draw bridges into existence, transverse canyons, and connect winding paths through space by using the Celestial Brush and the abilities of Chibiterasu's partners.
- Compelling Narrative - Ōkamiden tells an amazing story that is both morally impactful and fun. With a complex mix of themes like friendship, responsibility and love between parent and child, players are promised a memorable experience that will be appreciated for its depth, humor, and universal truths."
Let's transition from whimsical gaming to hard-hitting monster action, and fast. God Eater Burst has made waves in Japan since late last year but the game has finally landed on the shores of North America this week. Take on the role as a young warrior and complete over a hundred missions to defeat the Aragami beasts once and for all. Read on for more information about the game:
"God Eater Burst is a fast-paced survival action game that allows players to defeat and devour legions of hostile gods, called Aragami. Players will command the God Arc, a powerful weapon able to transform instantly in combat from sword, gun, and predator form which allows them to absorb the powers of the terrifying Aragami. Players can customize and create their own truly unique character, weapons, items and bullets. Experience an unparalleled narrative in single player or with up to four friends in coop gameplay to help humanity survive in this desolate world.
- Freely customize weapons, guns, bullets, and shields to increase your chance at survival
- Over 225 exciting missions and 47 enemy types ranging from fearsome ogres to beautiful and demonic nymphs
- Over 90 cut scenes illustrate the dramatic story of human survival in this desolate post apocalyptic world
- Master the awesome God Arc, a fearsome weapon capable of shifting into a sword for melee combat, a gun for long-ranged battle, and "predator form" to acquire the skills of your opponents/enemies
- Abosorb the powers of the Aragami with your weapon's "predator form" and gain a special bullets to launch a super powerful attack
- Engage in fast-paced battles against gigantic beasts by yourself or with other members of Fenrir, an elite task force charged with doing everything possible to save humanity
- Team with up to four people via PSP Ad-hoc to take down legions of hostile Aragami"