New Video Game Releases: Week 12, 2011
The Sims is one of the most well-known and longest running simulation games out there and this week brings another new addition to the continuously expanding franchise: The Sims Medieval. Take a trip back in time to Medieval Europe where you are, as always, in charge of keeping your sim happy and taking care of all their needs. Here's more about the game:
"The Sims Medieval takes The Sims franchise into the Middle Ages with all new features, new graphics and new ways to play. For the first time, players can create heroes, venture on quests, and build up a kingdom all their own. In an ancient land of adventure, drama and romance, players will be able to get medieval like nobody could ever have imagined.
Key Game Features:
- Classic The Sims gameplay set in an exciting Medieval European setting full of adventure, drama, and romance
- Gameplay requires a balance between the day-to-day wants and needs of Sims heroes, as well as the quests required of the them and the declared goal of the kingdom
- Light RPG gameplay as players create heroes, send them on epic quests and level up their skills and abilities
- Quests allow for extensive replay value as players use a combination of up to three Sims heroes, then replay quests using different heroes
- Fantastic customization options including extensive Medieval attire choices and building creation and decoration options"
What better way to close this week's list of new releases with a charming game for the ages, based on one of the most loved toys of many toddler boys? LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars lets you play out your favorite moments in the third Star Wars game in an all-new animated world that has been LEGO-lized. Here's more about the game:
"The beloved and critically acclaimed Lego Star Wars franchise is back and coming to homes around the world in 2011. The third sequel, Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, combines the epic stories and iconic characters from the Star Wars universe and hit animated TV series Star Wars: The Clone Wars with all new gameplay features. Players will enjoy brand new game mechanics allowing them to create, control and explore in a galaxy far, far away like never before. Promising breathtaking visuals as well as new characters and levels, the game also features the signature tongue-in-cheek humor from the Lego universe. With over 20 story-based missions and 40 bonus levels spanning the entire Clone Wars era, Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars will allow fans to explore endlessly and laugh their way through the Star Wars galaxy in the most humorous, accessible and action-packed Lego game to date.
- New Story - For the first time, players will experience their favorite stories from Star Wars: The Clone Wars, retold in the amazing LEGO world that fans know and love.
- Massive Ground Battles – Brand new to the LEGO Star Wars experience, players will take control of battalions of clone troopers against the relentless droid army - building bases, deploying vehicles and calling in reinforcements to defeat opponents.
- SceneSwap – Authentic to the Star Wars experience, a new feature allows players to take control of multiple teams in separate locations. Working together to complete various objectives, players will control each team through the press of a button, while playing in single player or in multiplayer co-op modes.
- All New Boss Battles – For the first time in the LEGO Star Wars franchise, fans will fight against massive bosses as seen in The Clone Wars animated series, including Gor, the epic Zillo Beast and many other favorites.
- Multi-Layered Space Battles – Players will be able to take off in their favorite ships to navigate and fly through multi-layered combat throughout the galaxy.
- Explore the Galaxy – Players will be able to explore exotic locations in a variety of ships throughout 16 different star systems. Fans will play as villainous separatists, the noble Republic heroes or even as bounty hunters, tracking down characters across the galaxy.
- Expanded Force Abilities – Using the Force in all new ways to control LEGO objects, players will solve puzzles, access new areas, pick up and throw enemies - even turning them into weapons."
What do you think of this week's picks? Will you be picking up any of these titles anytime soon? Happy gaming!