New Video Game Releases: Week 14, 2011
This thrilling shooter is set in the future, year 2025 to be exact, where the whole world is in a state of war because of dwindling natural resources. You have the option to play as one of two characters or switch between the two if you prefer to use the best of their abilities. Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops promises to deliver non-stop action along with a gripping storyline. Here's more about the game:
"Behind every war is a truth you were never meant to know. The year is 2025 and the world is shaken by conflicts over the control over dwindling natural resources. The hunger of rival warlords and dictators in underdeveloped countries for advanced weapon systems appears insatiable and the profits of the arms industry have reached new heights. As highly advanced weapon systems, made in the USA, are sighted on in the hands of political enemies on Third World battlegrounds, the US government sends in an ISA agent to find out how these enemies are acquiring arms that are under strict embargo.
- When a covert operation to stop illegal arms sales reveals a full-scale global conspiracy, a special unit under the codename SHADOW HARVEST is formed to reveal the truth.
- With two completely different characters serving as the unit's operational core, you must choose from a vast array of weapons and technologies that enhance both characters strengths.
- Features a gripping storyline that unfolds organically through the gameplay (doesn't rely on cutscenes to move the story along). The ratio of gameplay to cutscenes is better than 13:1.
- Players can switch between the two main characters at any time during the game to take advantage of each character's strengths as well as combat a sophisticated AI that adapts to the strategies you develop.
- Open level design and optional secondary objectives leave the outcome completely up to the player to choose"
We close this week's releases with a strong contender, Super Meat Boy Ultra Edition. This indie game features strong graphics with a very quirky storyline. This game has already created quite a buzz with its developers slowly releasing teaser images of the game and its boxed art. As a plus, this ultra edition of the game gives you a soundtrack, a comic book, a sketch book, and a poster. Here's more about the game:
Our meaty hero will leap from walls, over seas of chainsaws and through crumbling caves to save his damsel in distress.
The Ultra Edition of Super Meat Boy packed in more meaty goodness -- enjoy a soundtrack, sketch book, poster, comic book & more!"
Which of these games will you be picking up?
I think this week has a great selection of titles to choose from. What do you think?