Ralph Lauren Goes Green—With His Solar-Paneled Backpack
The RLX backpack looks just like an ordinary backpack, except for the fact that, well, it's not. That's because it has a solar panel to charge your gadgets. That's right: you will literally be a walking, talking charging machine. Er.. That didn't come out right.
Anyway, the Solar Panel Backpack is part of Ralph Lauren's RLX collection, one that is described as belong to a class of "exceptionally luxe lifestyle apparel and innovative athletic gear." We think that "luxe" should definitely be a word that stands out because at $795, they certainly don't come cheap.
However, if you have a flair for designer labels and have the cash to boot then why not? These waterproof backpacks come in two colors: black and orange. The black looks fine (how can basic black ever look bad?) but I'm not too sure about the orange one though.
The solar panel can generate around 3 watts of power and that might sound like a small number. In fact, it isn't a lot of power to go around but it will be enough to charge your cellphone. It also comes with a battery unit that you can charge up for some back-up power if you don't have any devices plugged into it.
Here are the product details about the RLX Solar Panel backpack for you to drool (or roll your eyes at) over:
- Comfortably thick, adjustable shoulder straps.
- Handle on one side allows for use as a bag.
- Top flap with adjustable buckle closure. Zip pockets on one side. "RLX Ralph Lauren" cutout on the flap.
- With proper sunlight orientation, the iPhone® and other mobile phones can be charged in two to three hours.\
- 3.45 watt current generated, enabling charges to iPod® Classic and mobile phone devices.
- 20" H x 14" L x 1" D. Made in Italy.
Sounds good, doesn't it?
Source: Ralph Lauren