15 SIAL Trend & Innovation Awards To New Foods & Drinks Announced
Every two years, The Trends & Innovations Observatory of SIAL, an international group of judges awards brand new products that are innovative and have the potential to become successful because of their uniqueness and quality. These 15 mouth-watering foods and drinks from 6 countries have been announced. Nine of the 15 awards went to French companies.
1. The Netherlands: SIAL Trend & Innovation Award to Ricewich, Ricewich - Sushi Ran
Love the brand name! That alone should propel this specialty food. Of course, it sounds delicious too. You can get fried chicken, fried shrimp, and fried vegetable sandwiches, and instead of bread, a mixture of sticky, brown, and sushi rices, created in The Netherlands (?) I want one!
2. France: SIAL Trend & Innovation Award to Croc' Légumes, Pâtisserie des Flandres
You have to admit the packaging draws you in. And crocs are in this year, as the reptiles of interest. Once the packaging and branding are approved, the Croc' Légumes are a healthy, low calorie snack food in carrots/cumin and beetroot/shallot flavors.
3. France: SIAL Trend & Innovation Award to Essential Oils Crystals, Florisens
Here's a neat product. Organic essential oils are spiced and crystallized for use in cooking. A variety of flavors are available - fennel, bergamot, basil, etc - and they are reported to taste clear and strong. Great way to get you essential oils, season your food, and save time.
4. Italy: SIAL Trend & Innovation Award to Perlage de Truffe, Tartiflanghe
From Italy with a French name, comes an imitation caviar that's probably not much cheaper because it's made out of truffles. Truffle juice pearls in a juicy looking package.
5. France: SIAL Trend & Innovation Award to Ready-to Use Marinades, Saveurs Cuisinées
All natural ingredients, these ready made marinades, can be used for all types of cooking. Flavors include Mexican, Kebab, Chardonnay, Barbecue... but those are just the beginning.