The Well-Dressed Dog At A Wedding: 10 Awesome Dog Bridal Gowns
Whether it's the mild temperatures, the aura of the summer solstice, or there's just more love in the air, a June wedding always has the ring of a destiny fulfilled. There are some breathtaking designer ready-to-wear dog bridal gowns for summer and early fall, so there's no need to have one custom-made. I've selected 10 awesome gowns from the unbelievable array available this wedding season.
1. Satin And Lace Dog Bridal Gown
Doggiedesigner's masterpiece of a dog bridal gown is no less than exquisite, with its satin bodice, lace, mesh, and all the trimmings, like little pearls around the neck and a floral tie at the back and sleeves. The detail is incredible! What clotheshorse little princess wouldn't love to wear this at her wedding? Veil and all. A steal at $130! Check the sizing and see more photos of the dress at Doggiedesigner.com.
2. WD Limited Ed. Dog Wedding Dress
Ah this pretty poodle... I wonder if she's having last minute regrets? She does look mighty pretty though in her satin and lace wedding dress. A short train in the lovely satin, the lace top layer is adorned with a pearl-trimmed neck and floral closure. The bonnet is the most unique feature of this bridal outfit, very classy and delicately decorated. Available at yes... ClassyDogPetSupplies for $85.
3. The Ultimate Wedding Dress For Dogs
Whew! Aren't these bridal gowns just too too? The satin undergown of the "Ultimate" is covered with an intricately embroidered lace and faux pearls. The faux closure at the back has silver and pearl buttons and a large satin bow that flows along the chapel-length train. The hat and veil are sold separately. (I think I'd try a different hat or headband with this particular gown.) The bridal gown for this beautiful dog bride is $230 at The Dog Bowl.
4. Dear Dog Wedding Dress
Isn't she sweet? Gorgeous full satin gown with large elegant bow comes with an appliqued long lace veil with head piece. Divine! Available at IPetConnection for $170.
5. Dog Wedding Dress by Pets Need Love
Here's a young dog who means business. I would choose the Pets Need Love wedding dress for an afternoon wedding. Stunning in raw silk with pearl and sequin trim, this dress is no slouch. It's even lined! Veil and headband are included and match the dress. This doggie wedding dress is available from The Gilded Paw for a special sale price on $91.
6. Three-Tiered Dog Bridal Gown Set
Three tiers of satin, three tiers of ornamental lace, and no less than six layers of tulle make this lovely wedding dress nice and full. White chiffon flowers and pearl beads are hand-sewn in the layers of skirting. This is definitely one to save for the puppies. Available from Doggie Clothesline for $84.
7. Simple And Elegant Dog Wedding Dress
If your dog's not into frill, this wedding dress may be for her! The bodice has a good deal of charm with its sheer flowered applique and neckline of soft flowers with pearl centers. A simple lace band trims the satin hem. Good selection for dogs not accustomed to dressing up. Available from Posh Pet Glamour Boutique for $100.
8. Emma Rose Moonlight Bridal Dog Wedding Dress
Emma Rose is a top designer of dog wear and, although the Moonlight Bridal is from her ready-to-wear line, she also makes custom dog dresses and bridal gowns. The lucky dog that gets this trim-bodiced, full-skirted fine satin and lace bridal dress. Beautiful lace work with clear sequins to reflect your dog's charm. Available from The Gilded Paw, on sale for $118.
9. Candlelight Dog Wedding Dress
For the dog who loves the spotlight, she'll be proud to pose for wedding photos with or without her groom in her English lace, spotted with thousands of pearls, sequins, and reflective silver material. She'll feel just like she's on the red carpet! (And maybe you should consider that too!) This magnificent Candlelight Dog Bridal Gown is available in several sizes, off-the-rack, but can also be custom-ordered for those outside the sizes available. $600 from Barrons House of Treasures.
10. Short And Very Sweet Dog Wedding Dress
Not elaborate as some doggie wedding dresses, but every bit as precious, this organza and tulle number is a winner. Sizes fit dogs up to 64 pounds, and the price is very reasonable at $38 from Hands 'N Paws.
Tips for selecting a bridal dress for your dog:
- Amazon is a good source for less expensive wedding dresses and they have a big selection.
- When purchasing a dog wedding dress or gown, make sure you find out what pieces are included with the dress. Some photos will show the dog model in full attire, when perhaps the head band or veil is not included.
- Most wedding gowns do not come with dog panties. If your dog is wearing a short gown, you may want to purchase some matching panties. There are some fun fancy white dog panties at Modern Tails.
- Before considering a wedding gown or dress for your dog, consider the environment and temperature conditions. If you will be purchasing an ornate gown with several layers, a train, and veil, make sure the wedding will be in an air conditioned environment.
- If your dog is not used to wearing clothes, don't make her wedding the first time she does. A dress does not make the dog... so let her wear a fitted top or just a pretty barrette or veiled headband.
- Read dog fashion designer Emma Rose's column at My Uptown Pooch about planning for your dog's wedding.
That's the buzz...
For more interesting pet articles, please visit PetsLady.comn/a