World of Concrete Looking For The Year’s Most Innovative Products
Once again, World of Concrete magazine is looking to award the most innovative products in the masonry and concrete industries. If you’ve been tinkering in the construction field, it may be time to shine!
The greatest products of the year are picked by World of Concrete readers and its editorial staff, and are presented not only with the accompanying award (Industry Choice Award, Experts Choice Award or Editor’s Choice Awards), but with additional promotion via upcoming issues of Concrete Construction and The Concrete Producer, as well as the Concrete Construction, Masonry Construction and The Concrete Producer websites.
Winners from the 2013 MIP Contest include the strong and three wheeled Load Warrior hauling vehicle, the LTM Concrete Coil Protector and the GSL 2 Surface Laser by Bosch Power Tools & Accessories.
To get your ultimate piece of construction equipment into the running, you will need to supply the following to Concrete Construction’s MIP Contest:
1. The complete name of the product you are entering in the MIP award program.
2. A 50 word or less description of what it is and what it does.
3. A brief explanation (500 words or less) of what is innovative about the product and how contractors or producers will benefit from the innovation. Please include more than just its new features.
4. At least one high-resolution digital image of the product entry. You may submit up to three for review. One image will be used onsite at World of Concrete. These images will also be used in our editorial coverage, both on-line and in print. The preferred format is JPEG, 300 dpi, 8 inches by 10 inches. Images should submitted at the same time as entries, and all information must be received by December 1, 2013.
5. Your credit card information for the entry fee. Prior payment is needed. After payment is received, you will be sent a link to fill out all of your entry information from our editorial staff within one business day following credit card confirmation.
Actually, the competition is fairly open-ended when it comes to their search for innovative construction equipment, as the categories competing in the MIP Contest are “Business Tools and Software,” “Concrete Production Equipment,” “Concrete Construction Materials,” “Decorative Concrete Materials and Equipment,” “Concrete Construction Equipment,” “Formwork,” “General Tools and Equipment,” “Masonry Materials and Equipment” as well as “Demolition, Repair Tools and Materials.”
Note that all entries carry an entry fee of $500 each prior to October 15th, and that the entry fee goes up to $600 per product after that! The final date for product submissions is December 1st, 2013 and you can get started by clicking here.
Best of luck, construction-minded inventors!