Log in   •   Sign up   •   Subscribe  feed icon

Cars and Motors

This section of our site features all the Motor related articles on InventorSpot.com, including our articles on new products and new technologies for Cars, Motorcycles, Trucks, Airplanes, Drones, Boats, Planes and More.

Subscribe to our latest "Cars and Motors" articles here.

Innovate Or Die! Can Bikers Help Save The Earth?


 


Can bikers help solve our energy problems? They are being challenged to do so by the Innovate Or Die invention contest, sponsored by Specialized Bicycles and Google Inc. Innovate or Die is the first-ever invention contest for the most ingenious bike that uses human pedalling to power something besides the bike itself.

  read more »

China's New Trains Will Be Faster Than A Bullet...Train


China is giving Japan a run for its money when it comes to public transportation. The body of the very first Chinese high-speed train with speeds rivaling that of its competitor (the Japanese bullet train), has been completed. read more »

Double-Clutch = Double Fun


Cut-Away ViewCut-Away View

What gets the fuel efficiency of a 6-speed, shifts as fast as an automatic, and is made to perform but still doesn't require the extra work of a clutch?

  read more »

A Vehicle That Drives Itself.....Really!


The road ready LR3.The road ready LR3.

What do you get if you throw a new Land Rover LR3, some high-tech sensors, an advanced data processing unit and a few great minds from MIT into a mixer and blend thoroughly? read more »

The Next Generation Hybrid


Scuderi Air-HybridScuderi Air-Hybrid After reengineering a 100-year-old design, Scuderi has now added a new twist to their Split-Cycle engine.
read more »

Night Vision for Your Car


High-Resolution IR CameraHigh-Resolution IR Camera

"Dipped (traditional) headlights only illuminate about 56 meters, when the breaking distance at 100 Km/k is about 80 meters," says Professor Ros Vidal of the University of Granada. read more »

Lawnmower That Cuts Your Grass and Tones Your Legs


What is environmentally friendly, cuts your grass, tones your legs and is fun to ride all at the same time? A bicycle lawnmower of course. read more »

Virtual Race on a High-Tech Stationary Bike


I'm not a big fan of video games and on-line games. I think they are partially to blame for the obesity dilemma we have in the world, but I will admit I once was a Mario Brother addict. Yes I know I've dated myself admitting this, but my point is I understand how addicting games can be. So if you must play games at least play them while working out aboard the Ergo Bike Premium 8i. read more »

The 2007 Nobel Prize in Chemistry -Computer, Automobile, Agriculture Impact!


Surface Reactions Impact Many IndustriesSurface Reactions Impact Many Industries

So far this week, the 2007 Nobel Prizes have been awarded to the "fathers" of certain modern technologies, specifically the recipients of the Nobel Prize for Medicine and the Nobel Prize for Physics. Today's announcement of the 2007 Nobel Prize for Chemistry winner is no exception: Gerhard Ertl, of the Fritz-Haber-Institut der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, Berlin, Germany, is a father of the science of surface chemistry. Let's see what developments his seminal work has led to....

  read more »

Aquaskipper : A Pogo Stick for the Water


Our Guest Blogger, George Delozier, is from Pennsylvania and recently joined the U.S. Air Force. Growing up with all types of machines, George wanted to share the newest innovations on all things motor with the readers of InventorSpot.com.

Here's his article:

* * * * * read more »

70 percent of the earth is covered by water. Which mean that you can only use a pogo stick on the remaining 30 percent….until now.