Back in 1999, HeartMath® reinvented biofeedback with the first affordable consumer stress-reduction product. The technology change resultied in using heart rhythm feedback versus brainwave analysis. The company is known for its research-based stress solutions. They have just unveiled a new version which includes a new generation of software called the emWave® PC Stress Relief System
The product offers a web based element called the Coherence CoachTM, a proprietary training method.
- The emWave PC Stress Relief System is based on HeartMath's 16 years of scientific research . This research demonstrates a critical link between emotions, heart function, and cognitive performance. Science has shown that when you experience and sustain heartfelt emotions like appreciation or care, it has a profoundly beneficial effect on your heart, cognitive functions, and overall health.
- emWave PC mirrors your emotional state by collecting information from your heart through a computer connected USB finger sensor. emWave PC trains you to achieve a high level of coherence - a measurable state that occurs when the heart, brain, and nervous system are working in harmony. When you activate this state you feel and perform better, and can quickly recover from stressful episodes.
- The program translates heart rhythm information into user-friendly graphics on your computer screen. As you apply the stress-reducing Quick Coherence® technique learned from the program, you see your heart rhythms change in real time as you move out of stress and into a more balanced, regenerative emotional state.
The emWave PC program allows you to track your progress. It has three colorful interactive games powered by your ability to transform stress into renewed energy.
The hardware and software product is designed to help you reduce stress and reset your inner balance. The tool allows you to effectively gain control of your emotions without major lifestyle changes. The emWave PC product offers new features, benefits, and entertainment value not found in the former stress relieving products.
One feature of emWave PC is its Emotion VisualizerTM, a practice application that provided stunning screen images which emit varying degrees of color and movement as you adjust your emotional state.
Additional features include:
- Over 100 pages of educational content with applications for health and well-being, sports performance, workplace performance, and more
- Integrated music player and audio feedback
- Web access to online forums, troubleshooter, and knowledge base
- Comprehensive tutorial and help system
HeartMath also has a stand-alone emWave personal unit that weighs 2.2-ounce called emWave Personal Stress Reliever® (PSR). Using HeartMath's patented heart rhythm technology, emWave PSR reads your heart rhythms through its built-in finger sensor and gives immediate feedback, reflecting your emotional state through changing colored lights and sound.
It includes a hands-free option and animated instructional CD-Rom that guides you through the Quick Coherence technique. Over a dozen independent studies utilizing HeartMath's technologies are underway including Kaiser Permanente, the Veterans Administration, and the University of North Carolina. These studies focus on such additional patient problems as anxiety, stress, ADHD, and hypertension.
The product works well with blood pressure and stress. Related conditions such as migraine headaches are also effectively treated. This is a four star product. You canread reviews of this product and purchase it on Amazon here.