Have an invention or invention idea?
This is a list of some possibly helpful links for inventors. These websites are not being recommended by us, and are merely provided to serve as a helpful starting point for your own research.
General Advice and Overviews
A good place to start learning about the invention process is our Inventor Information section. We have hundreds of articles on inventing and the whole invention process so take a look at our Inventor Information or just search our site for any specific information you are looking for.
Also read Myra Per-Lee's Invention Blog - A Step by Step Inventor Guide by an Inventor for Inventors.(HINT: Start with her oldest posts for general tips and advice on how to get started.)
You can also check out our Inventor Service Providers Directory if you are looking for a particular service provider.
US Government Assistance for Inventors
Defending Against Fradulent Schemes
Industry and Market Analysis
Patent Searches and Registration
Finding a Lawyer
Crowdsourcing and Invention Competitions
- InventorSpot.com - post frequently on all the various invention and product competions and contests looking for new product ideas.
- Quirky.com - Anyone can submit an idea, the Quirky commmunity helps develop the idea and winners are chosen every week to get their products developed.
Making The Most of Quirky.com - Inventor Tips, Advice and Info
Genius Crowds allows anyone to submit an idea and the community to
comment. Winners can potentially be made into future products. Winners are chosen by the Genius crowds team and royalties are shared with the inventor.
International crowdfunding platform for all types of campaigns.
Financing and Loans
Crowdfunding -online source for microfinding for your invention idea
- Product Developer Blog from the Product Developer and Manager's Association
- AIPMM - Association of International Product Marketing and Management (AIPMM) is largest professional organization of product, brand managers, and product marketing managers.
- European Intellectual Property Association - The European Intellectual Property Association (EIPAWEB) represents over 100 non-governmental and other not-for-profit organisations interested in protection the intellectual property of all europeans.
- Marketing Profs - helping info and marketing know-how from professionals and professors.
- Cision - Source for media contacts such as newspapers, magazines, television and radio.
- Marketing Sherpa - real life case studies, practical know-ho and benchmark data on what works in mnarketing today.
- LES - Licensing Executives Society- extensive resources and training for its members but there is an annual fee and to join, you need to have referrals for existing members.
- Thomas Register of Manufacturers - Database for industrial information, products, services available at most libraries. This is a great list to look for potential licensees.
Free Press Release Publication and Distribution
- PressExposure - free basic press release distribution service
- PRWeb - free basic press release distribution service
- PRLeap - free basic press release distribution service
- TSNN - search for a trade show
General Business Advice
- SCORE.org - terrific resource for free small business advice and individual counseling for free.
- StartUpNation.com - great resource on everythng you need to start your business
Foreign Government Patent Office
Make sure to check out our Inventor Service Providers Directory.
Also read Myra Per-Lee's Invention Blog-Step by Step Inventor Guide by an Inventor for Inventors.
If you would like to be featured here, please Contact Us. If you have any comments or experiences with the linked websites/companies, please provide your input on them in the Forum.