Lawyers, Legal Help and Legal Forms
If you have an invention idea that you want to turn into a marketable product and sell the product, there are many legal issues involved. Reading up on and learning some of the basics on intellectual property law and contract law will serve you well. And finding an attorney that has experience dealing with all the various aspects of the invention process will be helpful to you.
If you are interested in getting help for your invention idea, it will be important to make sure that your rights to your idea are protected. Make sure that you enter into an appropriate confindentiality or non-disclosure agreement with anyone you are discussing your invention with.
Understanding the patent process and taking the necessary steps for patenting your invention if it makes sense will also be important.
Here are some resources to help get you started:
Finding a Lawyer
- Helpful article on How to Find an Attorney
- Search Database of Registered Patent and Trademark Lawyers
- Martindale Hubbell -Leading Directory of Lawyers
- Laywers.com -Search for lawyers by specialty
- Intellectual Property Law Server - has a helpful forum where you can ask legal questions
- On-Line Provider of Legal Forms - Legal Zoom
InventorSpot.com Helpful Resources
Sample Legal Agreements - Confidentialty Agreements and Non Disclosure Agreement Examples
Sample Legal Agreements - Invention License Agreement Examples