Prototyping Your Invention Ideas Into Products
Prototyping means to make a model or sample of your product or invention idea. Need to make a sample or prototype of your idea or invention? Need tips on rapid prototyping? Here are some helpful articles:
- Part 1 - Expert Tips For Invention Prototypes - Part 1: Terminology
- Part 2 - Expert Tips For Invention Prototypes - Part 2: Prototyping Methods
- Part 3 - Expert Tips For Invention Prototypes - Part 3: Proof-of-Concept Prototypes
- Part 4 - Expert Tips For Invention Prototypes - Part 4: Production Prototypes
- Part 5 - Expert Tips For Invention Prototypes - Part 5: The Iterative Process
- Part 6 - Expert Tips For Invention Prototypes - Part 6: Making A Million Dollar Product
Other Helpful Resources from InventorSpot.com
Other Helpful Articles On Making Prototypes
Advice on Prototyping
Castle Island's Worldwide Guide to Prototyping - great overview of prototyping
Prototype Today - Helpful forum of rapid prototyping service providers and community
Society of Manufacturing Engineers - The Rapid Technologies & Additive Manufacturing Community 's focus is on the technologies and processes that help conceive, test, improve and manufacture new products to bring them to market faster and most cost effectively. Their Technical Community Network connects people in the world of manufacturing to problem solvers and knowledge sources.
Industrial Arts Suppoy Co - Good resource for Woodworking Products, Pewter Castings, Rcoket Kits, etc.
Small Parts, Inc. - Industrial Supplies and Hardware Parts for Researchers and Developers
WoodWorker's Supply - Huge selection of woodworking tools, harware and supplies.
TechShop - Open Access Public Workshop in Menlo Park, California - join them and use their extensive resource of tools, machine and equipment by the day, month or year. Workshop for people who like to work with their hands with metals, plastics, wood and electronics but do not have access to a shop or equipment.