This section of our site features all the article related to Social Media on InventorSpot.com.
Subscribe to our latest "Social Media" articles.
Many of you are likely familiar with the case of the American student from Berkley back in April of 2008 who when he was taken into custody by Egyptian police managed to send out a short tweet via SMS saying "Arrested." Subsequently his embassy and the press were notified and he was eventually released (see CNN story) thanks to his twitter distress call.Yesterday in China there was a very similar situation, where blogger Peter Guo, who goes by the twitter handles amoiist, sent out the following plea for help:
- Take Control of the Weather with WEZR
- The Camping Doughnut Is An "Effortless" Alternative To The Traditional Tent
- 7 Best Fresh Water Pet Fountains Keep Cats And Dogs From Dehydration
- You’ve Got to ‘See’ this New Invention: Artificial Lens Restores Vision
- Want Your Book Shelf To Really Grab You? It's Tentacle Time
- 4 Anti Aging Devices That Really Work And Take Years Off Your Looks
- New Blood-Testing Service: Only One Drop For 30 Lab Tests
- Lumo Play Turns Any Room Into An Interactive Playspace
- True Wetsuits Take Business Suits From Boardroom To Beach
- Snapchat, Facebook, Brogrammers & The Art Of Tech Hubris
- Embedded Electronics:Machine Washable Solar Shirt Charges Mobile Devices
- Remove Makeup With Greek Yogurt Facial Wipes
- Impact-Absorbing Footwear: These Shoes Are Made For Power
- Nanoparticles May Help You Win The Battle Against Tooth Decay
- SnapCam Is Your Wearable HD Camera And Video Recorder
Advertisers are our main source of revenue. When we link to certain sites, we may receive a small commission for sales using our links. The opinions expressed on our website reflect the unbiased opinions of our reviewers. If we receive a free sample for review or a small fee to write an "advertorial", that is clearly noted in the article.