Technology - New Discoveries, Research, Studies And Breakthroughs
Curious about recent discoveries and breakthroughs in the tools, machines, methods and applications that can be used to solve real-world problems and challenges? Want the most interesting news and updates relating to our developing new ways to interact with our world and manage our lives? We cover them here.
Subscribe here to our latest "Technology - New Discoveries, Research, Studies And Breakthroughs" articles.
Sony Ericsson's line of sweetly scented cellphones - let's call them "smell phones" - come with replaceable aroma sheets that make sense AND make scents! read more »
Going by the name "Shady," this robot climbs windows and produces a small shade to block the sun from shining on the exact spot you're sitting. read more »
Elizabeth Valeri, our guest blogger, is a resident of Colorado with an interest in the material abundance of everyday life. That is, she is amused by the ways we “over-invent” our lives in a fleeting attempt at controlling them. She wanted to share some of her wacky patent finds with the readers of InventorSpot.com.
Here's her article:
* * * * *
The Apparatus for Facilitating the Birth of a Child by Centrifugal Force, may not end the age-old debate of whether or not centrifugal force actually exists, but it sure will take a pregnant woman’s mind off the business at hand during childbirth! read more »
I'm not a big fan of video games and on-line games. I think they are partially to blame for the obesity dilemma we have in the world, but I will admit I once was a Mario Brother addict. Yes I know I've dated myself admitting this, but my point is I understand how addicting games can be. So if you must play games at least play them while working out aboard the Ergo Bike Premium 8i. read more »
Researchers at the University of Washington have designed "Vocal Joystick," an alternative to a handheld mouse based on the human voice. read more »
So far this week, the 2007 Nobel Prizes have been awarded to the "fathers" of certain modern technologies, specifically the recipients of the Nobel Prize for Medicine and the Nobel Prize for Physics. Today's announcement of the 2007 Nobel Prize for Chemistry winner is no exception: Gerhard Ertl, of the Fritz-Haber-Institut der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, Berlin, Germany, is a father of the science of surface chemistry. Let's see what developments his seminal work has led to....
Our Guest Blogger, George Delozier, is from Pennsylvania and recently joined the U.S. Air Force. Growing up with all types of machines, George wanted to share the newest innovations on all things motor with the readers of InventorSpot.com.
Here's his article:
* * * * * read more »70 percent of the earth is covered by water. Which mean that you can only use a pogo stick on the remaining 30 percent….until now.
The two winners of the 2007 Nobel Prize in Physics -- Albert Fert, of the Université Paris-Sud in Orsay, France, and Peter Grünberg, of the Institute of Solid State Research at the Jülich Research Center in Germany - made their contributions to the computer age as far back as 1988. Now that the smallest commercially available hard drive is an IPod, the inventors that led to its development, and many yet to come, have received the grand prix of awards. read more »
At Microsoft Research headquarters in India, innovative ideas abound. read more »